Registration for the 2014-2015 School Year Opens March 18
The first day of registration will take place from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, at the Hopkins Building, 1313 Pacific Avenue. After March 18, you may register at the Hopkins Preschool Office on school days between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Space is limited, so register early.
Spring registration is strongly encouraged to help us ensure that we are properly staffed for the start of school in the fall.
For open enrollment in preschool, your child must be 4 years old as of midnight, August 31, the year of entry. Some students may qualify for earlier admission. The preschool can help you determine if your student is eligible. The Hopkins Preschool Office can be contacted at (360) 538-2190.
What to Bring when You Register
The Preschool will provide the forms you need to fill out. You will need to bring the following:
· Proof of age such as a birth certificate or passport
· Records of Immunization
· Emergency Contact Information
· Proof of Residency such as an energy or utility bill with your current physical address (not a P.O. Box), lease agreement or mortgage statement
Requesting a School
The district makes every effort to accommodate parent choice, provided there is space available and program capacity. You may make your school preference known during registration at the Hopkins Building.
Requests to attend preschool outside of your neighborhood’s assigned school are dated and time-stamped and honored using the following prioritized criteria:
· First priority is given to students with a parent or legal guardian who works in the building.
· Should space remain, next priority is given to students with an enrolled sibling at the requested school.
· Should space remain, next priority is given to parents with childcare considerations.
· Should space remain, next priority is given to remaining requests based upon the district’s determination as to whether there is adequate staffing and sufficient program capacity available to serve the students seeking admission.
Please Note: Placement in a preschool outside of your neighborhood’s attendance area is for preschool year only. The registration and placement process begins anew when students register for kindergarten.
Requests from Non Aberdeen Students
Students must reside within the boundaries of the Aberdeen School District in order to attend preschool.