The district is prohibited from releasing any personally identifiable records or files about an individual student without written parental consent. However, the district may release a list of students belonging to a group (e.g., graduating seniors, etc.) A student's name will be excluded from a listing of students on written request by a parent. Information on a list may include:
- The student's name, address and telephone number
- Date and place of birth
- Major field of study
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received and
- The most recent previous educational agency or institute attended by the student.
The district may also release photographs of students for public information purposed.
Parents may request that any or all of these categories of information, including personally identifiable photographs, not be release without their prior consent. To make such a request, please contact the principal at your child's school.