About Our School
The original school building was completed on January 26,1914 and was named Samuel Benn School after Aberdeen's oldest pioneer. There were 141 students enrolled. In 1917, the name of the school was changed to A.J. West School after another pioneer of Aberdeen, Arnold J. West. The annex section of the building was built in 1953 and the two sections of the school were remodeled in 1995.Stay tuned... as more information and historical photos are coming.