Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! I am Jamie Stoter and I am excited to return to Stevens as the Principal. The Stevens staff is looking forward to the upcoming school year, and appreciates our community's flexibility and support as we begin our year. I have complete confidence that the Stevens staff will continue to deliver high quality instruction from caring adults, while ensuring safety for all by continuing to follow OSPI and Department of Health Covid protocols.
While there has been so much work completed over the summer to make sure that we are as ready as possible for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year, still more work needs to be done. Throughout our planning, doing what is best for kids has been at the forefront of our minds and hearts. This past year has been an incredibly difficult time and we understand the need our kids have for our support. As we move through this year, it will be critical to work together like never before so that our kids can continue with their education and thrive during this challenging time.
This year, we will have in-person instruction for our Kindergarten through 5th grade students. School will be Monday through Friday 8:55 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. Breakfast and lunch will be served during the school day, and continues to be free for all enrolled students. Students and staff members will follow all safety precautions including wearing face coverings and practicing social distancing. The Aberdeen School District will be providing basic school supplies for students again this year. It is recommended that students come to school with a backpack, coat for the weather, and appropriate shoes for PE/recess.
We value all of our families and their decisions to keep their students learning from a distance if they select to do so. For those students that elect to remain distance only, please contact the school office and discuss the options available with Mrs. Micheau. She will be able to assist with the district options.
This year, we will kick off the school year with a Back to School Open House on August 30th from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Open House will start in the school cafe for all guests, and will be released to the classroomsafterabriefwelcomeandpresentation. TheBacktoSchoolOpenHousewillbean opportunity to gather pertinent information for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. Masks will be required for all guests.
Kindergarten WAKids meetings will be held September 1st -3rd. On these days, kindergarten students and families will have a short conference with their child’s teacher for completion of academic screening and discussion between the parents and teacher. Kindergarten families will receive a scheduled meeting from your child’s teacher.
The Aberdeen School District will be strictly adhering to the safety protocol recommendations of the Washington State Health Department and CDC. This will mean that the routines and expectations from last year may continue this year in order to best support the students and staff, while adhering to the safety precautions of the COVID-19 virus.
● Students will be required to complete an annual Attestation Form acknowledging COVID symptoms and protocols.
● While at school, students will be required to wear a face mask and practice social distancing while in the school building. While outside at recess, students will be allowed to remove their masks and play.
● Our school and district staff are working diligently to prepare our school for the safest start possible.
○ Classrooms and student desks will be arranged to follow social distancing guidelines. The hallways and cafeteria will continue to be marked with stickers to ensure students are three-feet apart. The common areas will have signage to remind students of hand washing, wearing masks, and to practice social distancing.
● Visitors will be on a strictly limited basis, and by appointment only. Students and families will have limited access inside the building. Please ring the “buzzer” at our front office door, and a staff member will assist you as soon as possible. We ask that students and families remain outside. Even outside, please wear a mask and maintain social-distancing.
Road and Sidewalk construction is underway in the front of Stevens Elementary. This road construction will have significant impacts to the drop off and pick-up of students before and after school, as well as visitor/family parking. Please be advised that parking in front of the building will not be permitted for the first month of school while construction is happening. Additional information regarding drop off and pick up locations will be coming...please stay tuned! We apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause. This is a City of Aberdeen project that will greatly benefit the safety of our students.
The school office will be open August 11th, 2021 Monday-Friday from 7:30-4:00 pm. Please call the school office at 360-538-2150, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions and/or concerns that you may have. It’s going to be an amazing year and we look forward to seeing the students on September 1st!
Mrs. Jamie Stotler, Stevens Elementary School Principal