Resource Reading II
Periods 4 and 6
High Point Level “B” or also known as level 2
SPD127 RESOURCE ENGLISH II – 1 Hour (9, 10, 11, 12)
One year, .5 credit per semester – English
High Point Curriculum Level B
All students receiving specially designed instruction in the areas of reading and/ or written language will be evaluated based on the following assessments: High Point, MAP, 7th, 8th or High School WASL, and/ or WAIT II. Students at the intensive reading level will be placed into classes that use the High Point curriculum. When students demonstrate skill mastery on exit exams, they will advance to the next level. Students at the strategic level will be placed into general education English classes with accommodations as determined by the IEP team.
Class Requirements. (See also Classroom expectations page)
1. Read 6 AR books per year (one per 6 weeks)
and pass the associated AR test.
2. Attendance: Must be in class, on time.
10 UA = F, Must make up all absences.
3. Student must bring Pencil, pen, paper and all needed materials to class.
4. Show respect to others and their property.
This includes other students, the teacher and any visitors that we might have. Do not take things that do not belong to you. If you wish to borrow something, ask the person before taking it.
· The student writes clearly and effectively.
· The student writes in a variety of forms for different audiences and purposes.
· The student understands and uses the steps of the writing process.
· The student analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of written work.
· The student understands and uses different skills and strategies to read
· The student understands the meaning of what is read
· The student reads different materials for a variety of purposes.
· The student sets goals and evaluates the progress to improve reading.