What Is Title I?
Title 1 serves the unique needs of children who struggle to learn. Being a Title I school means receiving federal funding (Title 1 dollars) to supplement the school's existing programs. These dollars are used for:
- Identifying students struggling to meet academic standards and providing timely assistance to help these student’s meet the State’s challenging content standards.
- Purchasing supplemental staff/programs/materials/supplies
- Conducting parental Involvement meetings/trainings/activities
- Recruiting/Hiring/Retaining Highly Qualified Teachers
At Aberdeen School District, Title 1 may focus on assisting the following student groups:
- 5-6 Grade Reading Intervention
- K-6 Math Support
- 7-11 Language Arts and/or Math Support