Public Works/ Small Works Roster
The district is authorized by RCW (Revised Code of Washington) RCW 39.04.155 (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=39.04.155) to use a Small Works process to award contracts for construction, building, renovation, remodeling, alternation, repair, or improvement of real property. The Small Works process can be used in lieu of other procedures – such as sealed bids – to award contracts for such work with an estimated cost of $350,000 or less. The Aberdeen School District subscribes to the MRSC Roster service. The MRSC Roster service maintains a Small Works Roster by trade and by alphabetical listing of firm names. Please see the MRSC website for additional information on how to register.
Requirements for Public Works/Small Works Projects
Public Works Contract or Purchase Order
The following forms should be filed and all applicable fees paid:
- Prevailing Wages must be paid – L&I Prevailing Wage Rates
- Intents & Affidavits for all contractors & subcontractors at all tiers
** Please note that all sole proprietors are required to file the Intent and Affidavit even if the work is performed by the owner (RCW 39.12.040)
Items required for payment to be issued:
- Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages
- Affidavit of Wages Paid
- Invoice (mailed to Accounts Payable, 216 North G St, Aberdeen, WA. 98520)
- When invoicing time and material, please note that we will need copies of receipts and backup for all costs.
- T&M invoicing should have: Hours x Rate = Total Labor
- Materials should have: Quantity x Cost = Total Materials
- Markup should show the calculation
- Retainage will be held on jobs OVER $ 20,000 for 60 days and released when all required documents are received.
* Overhead and profit costs will need to be agreed upon.
* Following receipt of the above listed items and department approval, pay requests will processed and sent to the School Board for approval. Payment will be issued the day following approval by the School Board.