Interpreter & Translation Services
Under state and federal law, all parents/guardians have the right to information about their child’s education in a language they can understand. Title IV Regulations Chapter 28A.642 RCW Chapter 392-190 WAC
Aberdeen School District provides interpreters and translators to help staff members communicate with families who speak a language other than English. Here are a few tips for Working with an Interpreter
Translator: A person who converts a text to another language in writing.
Interpreter: A person who orally converts the spoken word from one language to another.
Interpreters and Bilingual Paraprofessionals or Teachers assist with the following:
- Open House
- Kindergarten Orientation
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Student Performance/ Behavior Meeting
- IEP Meetings
- District wide events
- Translation of major district communications
- District Newsletters/ Principals Message
- School and district forms that parents need to complete, read, respond to, etc.
- Important school and district information through letters, newsletters, announcements, etc.
- School and district parent handbooks
- School and district Parent Compact and Parent Involvement Policy
- Any other type of documents that district or school personnel consider essential and vital for parents