AHS Counseling Center
Hours: 7:45a.m. - 3:00p.m.Phone: 360.538.2072 Fax: 360.538.2070
Foster an environment to ensure that each student receives the opportunity to explore career and educational options, while providing the social and emotional support necessary to obtain their personal and academic goals.
Students should contact a counselor if they have questions about transitions between schools, registration, course selection, interpretation and use of test results, or graduation requirements. High school counselors assist students with academic, vocational, college, and personal questions. Visit or call the guidance/career center to make an appointment with your counselor.
The high school guidance center offers a wide variety of services, resources, and activities which include the following:
- Monitors students’ academic progress and develops plans to support students so that they are successful in resolving problems and doing well in school
- Provides a program to prepare students for education beyond high school which may include college/university, technical school, apprenticeship or military options
- Advises students about the intricacies of college admissions, financial aid, applying for scholarships and other post-secondary planning
- Hosts parent nights providing information on transitioning to high school, supporting their students while in high school, and preparing for the next step
- Works with students, parents and families on addressing personal problems that are or may be interfering with student success
- Provides referrals to community support services that may benefit the health and welfare of students and families
- Provides transition activities and support for incoming 8th grade students prior to and during their 9th grade year
Email Address Phone Number Counseling Secretary Tamar Yakovich firstname.lastname@example.org 360.538.2072 Freshmen Richelle Gonzalez email@example.com 360.538.2067SophomoresBob Houbregs firstname.lastname@example.org 360.538.2073 Juniors Kasi Turner email@example.com 360.538.2211 Seniors Tracy Minor firstname.lastname@example.org 360.538.2068 Registrar Joan Rabung email@example.com 360.538.2042