Dress Code for All Students at Miller Junior HighPlease plan your dress according to the expectations below to avoid any disruptions to your learning
- Students may wear an appropriate hat for warmth and protection outside. Other special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- For health reasons, students are required to wear footwear at all times while in the building or at school-sponsored activities.
- Sleeveless shirts and blouses are acceptable as long as they have snug armholes.
- Underclothing needs to be concealed from view at all times.
- Dress code applies to school dances, athletic events, and other school functions.
The following items are not allowed at Miller:
- Headwear including, but not limited to, hats, visors, bandanas, hairnets, hoods, masks and sunglasses.
- Bedroom slippers or distracting footwear.
- Bare midriff clothing, off-the-shoulder tops, shredded clothing, low cut shirts
- No clothing with rips that show skin above fingertip length.
- Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length.
- Sagging pants that expose underwear
- Pajamas of any kind.
- Spikes, pins, choke collars, dog chains, or other potentially dangerous objects.
- Clothing, accessories, visual designs that display drug, gang, alcohol or tobacco-related information, obscenities, put-downs, stereotypes, sexual innuendo, or degrading, offensive words or graphics.
- Temporary and permanent tattoos. It is illegal to apply a tattoo to a minor in Washington State (RCW 26.28.085)
- Belts or chains that dangle or have dangerous buckles.
- Students should not draw on themselves or allow others to draw on them. This includes shirts that are signed with a marker.
The link below is our Dress Code in poster formatDress Code Poster