Budget Advisory Committee
The Aberdeen School District is taking measures to respond to the complex financial puzzle resulting from the new state funding model. Our Budget Advisory Committee is being formed to provide broad-based input from our community to establish district priorities for short and long-term planning.
Purpose and Scope: The Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) provides a structure for the involvement by a variety of district and community members with unique knowledge and skills to offer in establishing budget priorities for ASD5. This committee is advisory, and supports the Superintendent in providing recommendations and key information to the board of directors regarding both short and long-term financial management that support the mission and priorities of the District.
- Develop an understanding of the District’s budget and financial issues
- Develop recommendations on fiscal and program priorities that ensure a balanced budget
- Contribute to improved communication to enhance understanding of the District’s budget and financial condition
- Contribute to and support a transparent and collaborative budgeting process
- Committee Representation: The BAC will be comprised of community members, parents, and staff to include representation of union leadership from all employee groups.
Desired expertise on Committee: Elementary education, secondary education, budgeting, operations, construction & bonds, health and safety. Preference for Aberdeen residents or business owners.
Note: All meetings will be open to the public
Tues, Sept. 18: Announce formation at Board meeting
Wed, Sept 19 – Wed, Oct. 10: Applications accepted
Fri, Oct 12: Selected members notified
Meetings: 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Community Room, AHS
Weds, Oct 17
Weds, Nov 7
Weds, Nov 28
Weds, Dec 5<
Weds, Jan 9
Tues, Jan 15: ASD5 Board Meeting Presentation